Join the Yuki Teikei Haiku Society
If you have been a dues-paying member of YTHS and need to determine your current status, contact Marcia Behar, Membership Chair, at (email@example.com).
Membership in the society gives you a world of haiku practice and appreciation:
- Members receive GEPPO, the quarterly work-study journal. A member may submit up to 4 (four) haiku for each issue, which are published as submitted, but without the members name. Members are encouraged to vote for up to 10 (ten) commendable haiku from the previous issue. In this way writers can learn by studying the work of others, and by the response to their own work. Haiku earning the most votes are reprinted in the next GEPPO with the author’s name.
- Members meet once a month except in August, in various locations usually in or within driving distance of San Jose, California, to write haiku and celebrate the haiku life. The meetings are often held at facilities with beautiful settings. Programs for the meetings feature the fascinating literature, history, and world of haiku and associated arts.
- A Members’ Anthology is published annually. Members may submit haiku from their previous year’s work. Each member receives a copy of the Anthology. YTHS publications from previous years are also available for purchase.
- An annual Haiku Retreat is held each November at the Asilomar Conference Center, on the seacoast of the Monterey Peninsula.
- Society membership dues are for a calendar year and are due in January. Members who join after June may request a reduced membership of $16 and are asked to renew in January.
- Bylaws of the Society are provided here.
To join by PayPal, send the pertinent dues amount (see categories below) to:
In the “Add a note” type: Full Name, Postal Address (One address only, please), Email Address, and Telephone Number.
To join by mail, please print the bottom of this page, fill out the form, checking the appropriate boxes, with your check (made out to Yuki Teikei Haiku Society) and send to:
Patricia Machmiller, Membership
c/o Yuki Teikei Haiku Society
PO Box 53475
San Jose CA 95153
|[ ] New Membership
[ ] $32 U.S./Canada
[ ] $26 U.S./Canada Senior
|[ ] Renew Membership
[ ] $40 International
[ ] $31 International Senior
|[ ] Address Change
[ ] $_______Gift